Ohel Meir is the first school established in Afula. The original school was established at the beginning of 1925, after the Zionist administration approved the Afula committee's request to establish a school on behalf of the Mizrahi. The students studied in barracks that also served as a synagogue. It was not until 1935 that this building was erected. The school is named after Rabbi Meir Berlin.
The school will eventually contain 18 classes. Expected completion of construction: 15.8.22.